2 chicken fillets
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
3 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
400ml chicken stock
100g shitake mushrooms
100g ramen noodles
40g tenderstem broccoli
1 pak choi, halved
2 large eggs, soft-boiled, halved
2 spring onions, sliced
1 chilli, sliced
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in an ovenproof griddle pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until completely cooked throughout. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- To make the broth, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the soy sauce and mirin and stir to combine. Cook for one minute longer.
- Add the stock, then cover and bring to the boil. Remove the lid and simmer, uncovered, for five minutes. Add the mushrooms and simmer gently for another 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch some tenderstem broccoli and pak choi for two minutes. Transfer to a bowl of iced water until cool, then set aside.
- Add the cooked noodles to the broth. Divide the noodles and broth between two large serving bowls.
- Slice the chicken fillets and place on top. Add some pak choi and broccoli to each bowl and place the halved soft-boiled eggs on top.
- Sprinkle with sliced spring onion, chilli and sesame seeds to serve.
459kcals, 20g fat (6.3g saturated), 34.8g carbs (10.5g sugars), 36.3g protein, 3.1g fibre, 2.251g sodium