Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, oil and mustard. Place over a medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Combine the cabbage, carrot and pepper in a bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat. Place the slaw in the fridge for at least one hour for the flavours to combine.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer and poach the chicken for 45-50 minutes until cooked throughout. Drain the chicken, place on a chopping board and shred the meat with two forks.
- In a large saucepan, melt the ghee over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, apple cider vinegar, stock or water, tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, honey, black pepper and chilli flakes. Stir well and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer over a low heat.
- Simmer the sauce until the volume has reduced by about a quarter. Taste and season if necessary.
- In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken with the sauce. Sprinkle the slaw with sesame or sunflower seeds, if desired, and serve with the chicken and lettuce cups.
Per Serving: 550 kcals, 25.1g fat (7.7g saturated), 49.9g carbs (40.8g sugars), 33g protein, 5.6g fibre, 0.338g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Peanut chicken salad