Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the herby sour cream:
For the topping:
For the salmon:
- In a bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the herby sour cream. Season to taste, then set aside in the fridge.
- Heat the orange juice in a saucepan over high heat until almost boiling. Remove from the heat and add the cranberries, then cover with a lid. Set aside for 15 minutes, then drain, discarding the juice. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cooled cranberries with the pistachios, parsley, dill, olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Line a large baking tray with a sheet of tin foil about twice as large as the tray. Add a layer of parchment paper the same size as the tray and place the salmon on top of the parchment, skin side down. Pull up the foil around the salmon, leaving the top open. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat, melt the butter with the honey, soy sauce and garlic until foaming. Slowly pour the butter all over the salmon.
- Seal the tin foil over the salmon, crimping the edges together to form a parcel. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven. Turn the oven to 230˚C/210˚C fan/gas mark
- Carefully open the foil and cut away the excess to leave the salmon uncovered on the tray. Return the salmon to the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown on top and completely cooked through.
- Use the foil to slide the salmon onto a serving platter, then carefully pull the foil and parchment out from underneath. Tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Spread the herby sour cream in a thick layer over the salmon, then add the cranberry mixture in a line down the centre. Squeeze over the lemon juice and top with the pomegranate seeds, to serve.
Per serving: 598kcals, 39.6g fat (16.8g saturated), 23g carbs (16.3g sugars), 40g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.546g sodium
ChristmasDinnerFish & seafoodEasterCholesterol-friendly recipesSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinSunday roastDinner partyMake it Healthy
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge