Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the shortbread:
For the caramel filling:
For the chocolate topping:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 18x27cm rectangular tin with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour until it forms a soft dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until pale golden. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, golden syrup and condensed milk in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved, then increase the heat and boil for 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure the mixture doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan. The caramel should be a deep golden colour and thick, along the lines of a soft fudge consistency.
- Stir in the salt, then pour the caramel over the shortbread. Leave to cool for one hour or until just set.
- Once set, spread on the melted milk chocolate to cover the caramel. Drizzle with white chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to set for five minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Per serving: 389kcals, 23.9g fat (15.2g saturated), 41g carbs (26.4g sugars), 4.1g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.321g sodium
Popular in Chocolate
Gluten-free chocolate and honeycomb mousse by EUROSPAR