1 x 375g sheet of shortcrust pastry, thawed
300ml double cream
2 tsp caster sugar
¼ tsp sea salt, plus extra to serve
50g butter, at room temperature
200g dark chocolate, chopped
50ml whole milk
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 20cm springform fluted tin. Cover with parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the beans and paper and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine the cream, sugar and salt in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring frequently. As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from the heat and stir in the butter and chocolate until melted.
- Leave to sit for one minute, then stir in the milk until the mixture is shiny.
- Pour into the tart shell and leave at room temperature for about two hours until set.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes over the top and serve with whipped cream.
Per serving: 530kcals, 40.4g fat (17.3g saturated), 37.8g carbs, 14.3g sugars, 5.3g protein, 1.3g fibre, 0.131g sodium