Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sauerkraut:
For the spicy mustard:
For the sausages:
- For the sauerkraut, heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent.
- Stir the cabbage, vinegar, cider or juice and water into the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the cabbage is tender. Set the cabbage aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk all of the spicy mustard ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to a high heat. Cook the sausages under the grill, turning every few minutes, until thoroughly browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Spread the spicy mustard into each bun and place a sausage in each one. Pile with sauerkraut and drizzle with ketchup, if desired.
Note: Apple juice can be used as an alternative to cider, if you wish.
Popular in Barbecue
Tandoori chicken kebabs