Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the base:
For the filling:
For the sauce:
- Stir together the crushed biscuits and the butter until combined. Press into the base and up the sides of a 23cm springform tin.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for five minutes.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a saucepan, then immediately remove from the heat. Remove the gelatine leaves from the bowl, squeezing out any excess water. Drop them into the warm cream and stir to dissolve.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest and juice in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Mix in the cream and gelatine mixture and the chopped strawberries.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Whip the egg white in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form, then fold gently into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the tin, smooth to an even layer, then refrigerate for at least three hours until set.
- Chop half of the strawberries for the sauce and add to a saucepan with the lemon zest, lemon juice and caster sugar. Cook over a medium heat, stirring, for 10 minutes until saucy. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining whole strawberries.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and spoon over the saucy strawberries to serve.
Per serving: 392kcals, 28.6g fat (15.9g saturated), 31.6g carbs, 21.3g sugars, 4.8g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.259g sodium
Popular in Cheesecake