Makes 1 loaf
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and line a standard 900g loaf tin with parchment paper. Combine the flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the butter, coffee, eggs and milk in a separate bowl. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce, then pour over the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the surface of the cake looks firm, risen and crisp.
- Leave to cool for five minutes, then serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Per serving: 520kcals, 43.8g fat (27.4g saturated), 32.4g carbs, 20.2g sugars, 4.3g protein, 1.9g fibre, 0.368g sodium
Gluten-freeCakesSweet thingsChocolateEasterValentine’s DaySpecial OccasionsFree-from treatsAfternoon teaBakingMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Gluten-free
Tom yum soup with prawns