Makes 1 tray
400g Siúcra Brown Sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
200g of condensed milk
2 tbsp sea salt
100g pecans, toasted & chopped
- Line a 18cm square tin with parchment.
- One tray, toast the whole pecans in the oven at 160˚C for five minutes. Once cooled, chop into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the Siúcra Brown Sugar, milk, butter, golden syrup, condensed milk and 1tbsp sea salt. Stir together and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil the mix for 15-20 minutes or until mix is golden. Drop a piece of the mix into cold water, if it turns into a squidgy but firm ball, the mix is ready. Remove from the heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mix for about 5 minutes or until the fudge has thickened.
- Pour the mix into the prepared tin and sprinkle on the chopped pecans and 1tbsp sea salt. Allow to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours, the fudge should be slightly soft.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and serve. Wrap in cellophane bags to create a nice edible gift for friends and family.