Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 140˚C/120˚C fan/gas mark 1 and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until melted, then remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric whisk in a clean, dry mixing bowl for a few minutes until foamy. Increase the speed and gradually beat in the sugar for a few more minutes until stiff peaks form and the mixture is glossy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Scoop out the mixture in rounded spoonfuls onto the trays.
- Place a small dollop of melted chocolate and salted caramel sauce on the top of each meringue.
- Use a toothpick to swirl the toppings into the meringue, shaping the meringue as you go.
- Sprinkle the tops of the meringues with sea salt.
- Place the baking trays into the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 120˚C/100˚C fan/gas mark ½. Bake for 40 minutes until the outsides are dry to the touch. Leave them to cool completely on the baking trays.
Per serving: 171kcals, 3.7g fat (2.6g saturated), 33.3g carbs, 23.2g sugars, 2.4g protein, 0.6g fibre, 0.457g sodium
Popular in Low-fat
Salmon couscous with asparagus