Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Roll out the pastry into a 30cm circle, then transfer it into a fluted flan tin. Nestle it into the bottom and up the sides of the dish, then trim any excess pastry.
- Line the pastry with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans, then bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the paper and beans from the pastry. Beat one of the eggs, then brush it over the pastry. Bake again for five minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, whisk the caster sugar, remaining eggs and egg yolks until thick and creamy.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Leave to cool for a minute, then stir into the egg mixture until glossy.
- Spread the caramel over the tart base and top with the sea salt.
- Spoon over the chocolate mixture, spreading evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until the centre is nearly set.
- Top with a few extra sea salt flakes and leave to cool for one hour before serving.
Per Serving: 529kcals, 31.6g fat (13.9g saturated), 57.4g carbs, 39.4g sugars, 6.3g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.37g sodium
ChristmasSweet thingsChocolateEasterMother’s DayValentine’s DaySpecial OccasionsPastryBakingDinner partyVegetarian
Popular in Christmas
Kimberley gingerbread trifle by Jacob's