Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
Individual dark chocolate fondants filled with salted caramel sauce, served with Häagen-Dazs salted caramel ice cream.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Generously grease four mini pudding moulds or large ramekins with butter and dust well with cocoa powder, ensuring all of the butter is covered in a layer of cocoa.
- Combine the butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, ensuring that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Allow to melt gently, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the eggs, yolks and sugar for 5-6 minutes until fluffy and pale. Whisk in the melted chocolate and butter. Sift in the flour and fold in well.
- Spoon the mixture into the moulds to a depth of around 2cm. Add one teaspoon of the salted caramel sauce in the centre to each one, then cover with the remaining sponge mixture until the moulds are filled to about 1cm from the top.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to sit on the counter for one minute, then carefully turn out onto serving plates. Serve immediately with Häagen-Dazs salted caramel ice cream.
Per Serving: 537kcals, 36.5g fat (22.3g saturated), 44.4g carbs, 34.4g sugars, 8.5g protein,1.5g fibre, 0.219g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge