Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cookie base
For the caramel
For the ganache
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/ gas mark 4. Grease and line a 7x9 inch tray with greaseproof paper, ensuring it covers the sides.
- To make the cookie base, add the butter and sugar to an electric mixing bowl and beat for two minutes until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla, and mix again.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, and mix briefly. Fold in the chocolate using a spoon.
- Press the mixture into the lined tin. Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes until golden on top. Leave to cool in the tin.
- To make the caramel, add all the caramel ingredients to a large deep saucepan. Allow to melt over a low heat.
- Once melted, turn the heat up to a medium heat and allow it to simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring constantly, until it is a very thick caramel and a deeper shade of gold.
- Pour the caramel onto the cookie base and smooth evenly. Leave to cool at room temperature, then transfer to the fridge until set.
- To make the ganache, melt the ingredients together in the microwave and stir until smooth. Pour over the caramel layer and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Transfer to the fridge to set for at least an hour. Once set, cut into bars, and enjoy!
Test Kitchen Tip: These can be made with any chocolate you like, white chocolate is delicious too!
Per serving: 837kcals, 49.7g fat (19.1g saturated), 90.2g carbs (51.3g sugars), 8.3g protein, 3.2g fibre, 0.382g sodium