Makes 8 large brownies or 12 small ones
225g butter, softened
250g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
225g caster sugar
4 large eggs
150g plain flour
100g salted caramel sauce
Milk and white chocolate hearts
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/ gas mark 4. Line a 20 x 25cm tray with non-stick parchment paper.
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t sit in the simmering water.
- Add the butter and dark chocolate to the bowl and allow them to melt together. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, use an electric whisk to beat together the caster sugar and eggs until the mixture is pale in colour and doubled in size.
- Use a spatula to fold in the flour and melted chocolate. Carefully pour into the prepared tin.
- Dot the caramel sauce over the top of the brownies in the tin.
- Ask an adult to place the tin into the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out slightly gooey.
- Ask an adult to remove the hot tin from the oven. Scatter over the chocolate hearts and allow them to melt slightly. Leave the brownies to cool.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and give to your loved ones!
Per small brownie
395kcals, 23.6g fat (14.7g saturated), 42.6g carbs (31.3g sugars), 5.1g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.159g sodium