Makes 1 tray
400g caster sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
200g condensed milk
100g pecans, toasted and chopped
1 tbsp sea salt
- Line a 20cm square tin with parchment.
- One tray, toast the pecans in the oven at 160˚C for five minutes. Once cooled, chop into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine all the ingredients, except for the pecans and salt. Stir together and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil the mix for 15-20 minutes or until the mix is golden. Drop a piece of the mix into cold water; if it turns into a squidgy but firm ball, the mix is ready. Remove from the heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mix for about five minutes or until thickened.
- Pour the mix into the prepared tin and sprinkle on the chopped pecans and salt. Allow to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours, the fudge should be slightly soft.
- Once cooled, cut into squares and serve.
Per serving: 192kcals, 9.6g fat (4.2g saturated), 27.2g carbs (26.1g sugars), 1.5g protein, 0.5g fibre, 0.333g sodium