Olive oil, for brushing
4 salmon fillets
Salt and black pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
80ml white wine
80ml double cream
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Wash the mussels under cold water. Discard any broken ones and any that do not close when tapped firmly against the counter.
- Turn the grill on to a high heat. Line a baking tray with foil, brush with olive oil and add the salmon fillets. Season with salt and pepper, then place under the hot grill and cook for 6-7 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan (one with a lid) over a medium heat and cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for two minutes longer.
- Add the mussels and the wine and stir gently. Cover with a lid and allow to cook for four minutes.
- Pour in the cream, season with salt and plenty of black pepper and add the parsley. Stir and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes longer, uncovered, until the sauce has thickened.
- Place the salmon fillets into four wide, shallow bowls, then ladle the mussel sauce around them, discarding any mussels that have not opened. Serve with some brown bread and lemon wedges, for squeezing.
Per serving 619kcals, 32.1g fat (12.4g saturated), 13.6g carbs (1.4g sugars), 64.7g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.9g sodium