Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4, and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the pork with the herbs, seasoning and diced apple.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and milk together.
- Roll the puff pastry out onto a floured surface, creating a 30cm x 45cm rectangle.
- Shape your sausage meat into a long log and place it in the middle of the pastry.
- On one side of the sausage meat, brush the pastry with the egg wash. Fold the other side of the pastry on top of the sausage meat, tucking it in underneath. Then, fold the egg-washed pastry side over the top, sealing the edges with your fingertips. Roll the whole thing over so that the edges are underneath. You should be left with one giant sausage roll.
- Cut the roll into 12 even sections (you may need to get the ruler out). Transfer to the lined baking tray.
- Gently twist the sausage roll so that the two ends are touching, then use a little bit of the egg wash to make it stick. Continue to gently twist the individual sausage rolls, so the filling is showing, making sure not to tear the pastry.
- Brush the remaining egg wash all over the pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. The meat should be fully cooked and pastry should be golden brown.finely chopped
Test Kitchen Tip: For a flavourful, festive dip, try combining cranberry sauce with some sriracha.
Per serving: 442kcals, 32.8g fat (9.4g saturated), 24.6g carbs (1.8g sugars), 11.9g protein, 1g fibre, 0.682g sodium