Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Dissolve the yeast in half of the warm milk and set aside for about 45 minutes. Reheat the rest of the milk, add the egg yolk and mix well.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the warm milk with the egg and the milk with the yeast. Mix everything together well, cover and set aside for another 45 minutes.
- Beat the egg white with a pinch of salt until it forms soft peaks. Add to the batter, folding it in gently.
- Take small spoonfuls of batter and place on a preheated and oiled pan. Cook on the first side until bubbles begin to appear on the surface, then flip to the other side and fry until lightly golden. Continue cooking the blinis in batches.
- Serve with any toppings you like.
Per Serving 219kcals, 16g fat (2.6g saturated), 15.4g carbs, 2g sugars, 5.3g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.033g sodium
These would be great topped with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers, or blue cheese, sliced prosciutto, and ripe pear.
This recipe was sent to us by our reader Anna Kurdziel