For the mash:
350g carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
450g parsnips, peeled and coarsely chopped
Splash of milk, warmed
Salt and black pepper
For the lamb chops:
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
½ tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
8 lamb chops
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the carrots and parsnips and cook for 15 minutes until very tender. Drain well.
- Return the pot to a medium heat and allow the vegetables to steam dry for one minute, shaking the pot often.
- Add the butter and milk and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the lamb chops, combine the first five ingredients in a food processor and whizz until the garlic is finely chopped. Coat the chops with the garlic mixture and place in a single layer on a baking tray. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a high heat. Cook the lamb chops under the grill for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the chops to a plate and tent loosely with tin foil. Allow to rest for five minutes.
- Serve the rosemary lamb chops with the carrot and parsnip mash and some peas.
Per Serving 388kcals, 14.9g fat (7.6g saturated), 52.9g carbs, 27.2g sugars, 9.2g protein, 6.1g fibre, 0.764g sodium