Serves 8-10 (or 4 with leftovers for another meal)
1 x 2kg leg of lamb, boned, rolled and tied
Salt and black pepper
4 tbsp fresh rosemary, leaves picked
4 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves picked
Handful of fresh parsley
2 shallots, coarsely chopped
6 garlic cloves
1 tbsp lemon juice
120ml olive oil
1kg baby new potatoes
- Rub the lamb with two teaspoons of salt and one teaspoon of ground black pepper. Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Place the rosemary, thyme and parsley in the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times until finely chopped. Add the shallots, garlic and lemon juice and pulse again. Add 90ml of the olive oil and pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Rub the mixture over lamb and place it in a large roasting tin. Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 230˚C/210˚C fan/gas mark 8. Toss the potatoes with some salt and black pepper and the remaining olive oil. Place the potatoes around the lamb in the roasting tin.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove the lamb to a plate, tent loosely with tin foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve the lamb with the roasted baby potatoes and some green vegetables.
Per Serving 540kcals, 26.4g fat (7g saturated), 15.2g carbs, 0g sugars, 59.1g protein, 3.6g fibre, 0.282g sodium