Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4. Wash the duck, both inside and out, then pat dry with kitchen paper and rub all over with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the duck in a snugly-fitting roasting dish and place in the oven for two hours, until crisp and cooked through. Remove the duck to a board and set the roasting dish aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a medium-low heat and add the shallots, garlic and celery. Cook gently for 12-15 minutes, or until softened and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin from the duck and shred the meat from the bones.
- Add three-quarters of the wine to the pan with the onions and reduce for 10-15 minutes, then stir in the shredded duck meat.
- Add the remaining wine to the roasting dish. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the sticky, crispy bits from the bottom and add this to the pan along with the tomatoes and two tins' worth of water. Stir in the bay leaves and then simmer for an hour and a half until the ragù is thick. Remove the bay leaves.
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions, then serve topped with the duck ragù and a sprinkling of grated Parmesan.
Popular in Italian
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR