Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the lamb
For the vegetables
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge one hour before roasting.
- Season the meat all over with salt and pepper, then rub all over with the spice rub of choice (see recipes for lamb rubs on next page). Rub the lamb all over with olive oil and transfer to a large roasting tin.
- Cook the lamb in the oven for one hour and 40 minutes to achieve a medium roast, with a little pink in the middle (see test kitchen tip on the next page for cooking time information).
- When cooked, remove from the oven, transfer to a board, cover with foil and rest for 20 minutes to seal in the juices before carving. Save the cooking juices to make a gravy, or simply use a prepared gravy.
- 15 minutes before the lamb is cooked, start to cook the vegetable sides. In a large pot of salted water boil the new potatoes until cooked through but not falling apart. Drain, toss in one tablespoon of butter and parsley while still hot and serve immediately.
- For the spinach, heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. When hot, add the shallots and cook for three minutes, then add the spinach and stock and cook for eight minutes, stirring occasionally, breaking up the spinach. Add the peas and cook for a further three minutes, then add one tablespoon of butter and nutmeg and stir through. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately with the lamb, potatoes, mint sauce and gravy.
Per serving: 722kcals, 28.9g fat (10.3g saturated), 26.4g carbs (3.4g sugars), 85.9g protein, 6.2g fibre, 0.619g sodium
Popular in Gluten-free
Boujee potato salad