Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the goose:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Remove all the fat from inside the bird and set the giblets aside in a bowl. Use a skewer to prick the skin of the goose all over, being careful not to pierce into the meat itself.
- Season the inside with salt and pepper. Stuff the goose with the onions and herbs.
- Rub the breasts and legs with the oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Place the goose, breast-side up, in a large roasting tin and cover tightly with tin foil. Place in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove the goose from the oven and remove the foil. Spoon all of the fat out of the tin into a bowl. Lightly baste the goose with some of the fat.
- Cover again with the foil and roast again for 1 hour 30 minutes. Once again, spoon all of the fat out into the bowl. Lightly baste the goose with some of the fat, then return to the oven without any foil to brown for a final 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- When the goose is cooked, transfer it to a large board or plate and tent loosely with tin foil. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Carve the goose and serve with your favourite gravy, or try this goose giblet gravy. Save the reserved fat for future roasts.
Per Serving 792kcals, 43.2g fat (14.8g saturated), 4.2g carbs, 1.8g sugars, 91g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.259g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Mini veggie mushroom Wellingtons