2 tbsp olive oil
½ an onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ small head of broccoli, chopped into florets
2 carrots, sliced on the diagonal
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced into strips
2 courgettes, sliced on the diagonal
150g button mushrooms, sliced
Salt and black pepper
For the sauce:
60ml white wine
120ml chicken stock
100g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
150g roast chicken, torn
80g frozen peas
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Heat the oil and half of the butter in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Stir in the broccoli and carrots and cook for one minute, then transfer everything to a plate and set aside.
- Add the red pepper to the pan. Add the courgettes and cook for one minute, then add to the broccoli mixture.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for one minute. Season with salt and pepper, then add to the broccoli mixture.
- Add the wine and stock to the pan and bring to a boil. Allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape up andy sticky bits from the bottom.
- Add the cream, milk and Parmesan. Season to taste. Stir in the pesto.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Add the roast chicken and stir to coat.
- Return the vegetables to the pan and stir in the peas. Stir in the pasta and heat through for a minute or two. Divide between bowls and serve with extra Parmesan on top.
561kcals, 25.8g fat (11.8g saturated), 63.1g carbs, 11.4g sugars, 21g protein, 4.7g fibre, 0.425g sodium