Makes 750ml bottle
300g rhubarb, chopped into chunks
Juice and zest of 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
150g light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Add the rhubarb to a roasting tray.
- Mix together the orange juice and zest, vanilla paste and sugar, then pour over the
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until just starting to soften. Allow to cool fully.
- Once cool, add the rhubarb to a sterilised one litre jar.
- Pour in the gin and seal the jar tightly. Store in a cool, dark place for 3-4 days.
- Once ready, sieve into a bottle and store in a cool, dark place for one month. Serve the gin over ice with tonic water and a slice of orange.
Per serving: 311kcals, 0.1g fat (0g saturated), 20.1g carbs (18.6g sugars), 0.4g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.009g sodium