For the macarons:
1 batch of vanilla macaron mix
1-2 drops of pink food colouring
For the coulis:
1 tbsp caster sugar
For the filling:
120g icing sugar
60g unsalted butter, softened
100g raspberry jam
- For the macarons, make one batch of vanilla macaron mix and fold through 1-2 drops pink food colouring. Pipe onto the tray and bake for 10-15 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool fully.
- For the coulis, combine the raspberries and caster sugar in a pot over a medium-low heat and cook until the berries are soft and syrupy.
- Pass the mix through a sieve into a bowl and discard the seeds.
- In a large bowl, beat together the icing sugar and butter until smooth. Gradually beat in the raspberry coulis until the mixture is well combined and a pale pink colour. If the buttercream becomes too loose, add a little extra icing sugar.
- Spoon the buttercream into a piping bag and snip a small hole in the end of the bag.
- To assemble the macarons, spread on a layer of jam on one of the macaron shells. Pipe a swirl of the raspberry buttercream on top and sandwich with another. Repeat until all are sandwiched.
Per Serving: 159kcals, 6.1g fat (2.3g saturated), 25.6g carbs (22.4g sugars), 1.9g protein, 1g fibre, 0.31g sodium