Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the raspberry syrup:
For the custard:
- To make the custard, bring the milk, cream and vanilla to a simmer in a saucepan over a medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Whisk the egg yolks together with the sugar and cornflour in a separate bowl.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture over the eggs, whisking to combine.
- Pour back into the pan over a low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Beat the Mascarpone and cooled custard until combined.
- Combine all the ingredients for the raspberry syrup in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the berries are soft and syrupy. Leave to cool slightly, then strain through a mesh sieve to remove any seeds.
- Dip the sponge fingers into the raspberry sauce and layer into the bottom of a small glass trifle dish. Spoon over a layer of the Mascarpone mixture, then top with some fresh raspberries.
- Continue layering, ending with the fresh berries and the lemon zest. Refrigerate until needed and serve chilled.
Note: cream cheese can be used as an alternative to Mascarpone cheese, if you wish.
Per serving: 428kcals, 10.3g fat (4.5g saturated), 73g carbs, 23.9g sugars, 11.9g protein, 6.6g fibre, 0.067g sodium
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat