375g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
230g cold butter, cubed
200g light brown sugar
1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest from 1 lemon
1½ tbsp cornflour
For the glaze:
120g icing sugar, sifted
Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 30 x 18cm rectangular baking tin and line with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk the brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in a second bowl until smooth. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Press two-thirds of the mixture into an even layer in the baking tin.
- Toss the raspberries, sugar, lemon zest and cornflour together. Spoon over the crumb base.
- Crumble the remaining flour mixture over the top and press down gently.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Whisk the glaze ingredients until smooth, then drizzle over the top of the cooled bake. Slice into bars to serve.
Per Serving 214kcals, 8.5g fat (5.1g saturated), 33g carbs, 17.1g sugars, 2.4g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.113g sodium