Plain flour, for dusting
1 x 320g sheet of shortcrust or puff pastry, thawed but chilled
120g cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp lemon zest, grated
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 shallot, very finely chopped
2 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
2 x 100g packets of Goatsbridge Barbecued Rainbow Trout
4 tsp Goatsbridge Trout Caviar
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Coat four 10cm loose-bottomed tart tins with baking spray, then very lightly dust with an even layer of flour.
- Roll out the pastry and cut four circles that are a little bigger than the prepared tins. Carefully transfer the pastry to the tins, gently pushing it into the corners.
- Use a fork to prick the base of the pastry all over. Line each tartlet with parchment paper and add baking beans or rice.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the parchment and baking beans. Return to the oven for 4-5 minutes until lightly puffed and golden brown. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, shallot, dill and capers. Add a generous crack of black pepper.
- Once cooled, divide the cream cheese mixture amongst the pastry cases.
- Top with large flakes of Goatsbridge smoked trout and dollops of caviar, then scatter over some chopped chives. Slice and serve with watercress and lemon wedges.
Per Serving 602kcals, 42.4g fat (14.8g saturated), 32.5g carbs (0.6g sugars), 22.6g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.484g sodium