2 nests of dried egg noodles
2 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp Chinese five spice
Salt and black pepper
250g pork fillet, cut into strips
Vegetable oil, for frying
200g mangetout, halved lengthways
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
30g unsalted cashews
4 spring onions, sliced into matchsticks
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions, then drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the corn flour with the Chinese five spice and some salt and black pepper. Add the pork pieces and toss to coat.
- Heat one tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a wok or large pan over a high heat. Working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan, cook the pork for 2-3 minutes until browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Carefully wipe out the pan using a ball of kitchen paper, then heat another splash of oil over a high heat. Add the mangetout and garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce along with a splash of water. Stir to combine.
- Return the pork to the pan and add the cashews, spring onions and beansprouts. Allow to bubble for 3-4 minutes or until the pork is completely cooked through.
- Add the noodles and toss to heat through. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 507kcals, 17g fat (3.1g saturated), 46.5g carbs (15.4g sugars), 42.6g protein, 2.7g fibre, 1.033g sodium