Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat. Melt the butter and brown the pork chops for two minutes per side.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the sherry, rosemary, garlic and some salt and black pepper.
- Allow to come to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chops), flipping the chops once, until cooked throughout.
- Transfer the chops to a plate and allow to rest for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and deglaze the pan by pouring 1-2 tablespoons of sherry in and using a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan. Add some salt and black pepper and simmer for 40-50 seconds until thickened. Pour this sauce over the chops to serve.
Per serving: 254kcals, 8.7g fat (4.2g saturated), 4.2g carbs, 0g sugars, 28.9g protein, 2.2g fibre, 0.132g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
Substitute brandy or whiskey for the sherry – or, if you don’t want to cook with alcohol at all, use chicken stock or apple juice instead. For a simple creamy sauce, add 150ml cream to the pan after deglazing and simmer until thickened.
Popular in Diabetic-friendly
Italian wedding soup