Serves 1 (easily doubled)
1 nest of noodles
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
100g mushrooms, quartered
½ an onion, chopped
Knob of butter
1 tbsp gochujang
100ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 spring onions, chopped
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
Crispy chillies in oil (found in the Asian supermarket)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil over a high heat and cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Add the butter and allow to melt, then stir in the kimchi and gochujang and stir-fry for two minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the noodles and heat through for one minute.
- Transfer to a deep bowl and top with sesame seeds, spring onions and fresh coriander. This is also delicious topped with a soft-fried egg and some crispy chillies in oil.
Per serving: 723kcals, 41.6g fat (11.7g saturated), 76.5g carbs (13.9g sugars), 17g protein, 7.3g fibre, 1.466g sodium