6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
200g penne, fusilli or other short pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 large, ripe tomatoes, chopped
Salt and black pepper
- Stir the basil leaves into the Ricotta and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Add the tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan along with four tablespoons of the reserved pasta water. Season generously with salt and black pepper and stir well. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until the tomatoes are tender but not falling apart.
- Stir in the Ricotta, stirring to melt it and coat the pasta and tomatoes. Serve immediately topped with extra fresh basil and some grated Parmesan.
Per serving: 583kcals, 25.1g fat (7.7g saturated), 66.7g carbs, 5g sugars, 25.5g protein, 2.4g fibre, 0.334g sodium