Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a deep sided frying pan over a high heat. Cook the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes until browned. Season the mushrooms, then transfer them to a plate.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the same pan over a medium heat and cook the onion and peppers for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Season the chicken fillets on both sides with salt and black pepper. Push the vegetables to the side of the pan and brown the chicken pieces on both sides. Add the wine and allow to bubble for 3-4 minutes, scraping any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, chilli flakes, lemon zest, sugar and herbs.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes. Season to taste, then serve with floury baked potatoes.
Per serving: 390kcals, 17.8g fat (3.9g saturated), 12.1g carbs, 6.4g sugars, 42.1g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.265g sodium
For a more decadent meal, tear over a 250g ball of Mozzarella at the end, then place under a hot grill for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
Popular in Chicken
Peanut chicken salad