4 chicken fillets
Salt and black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 large onions, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp taco seasoning
60ml chicken stock
2 ripe avocados, smashed
4 brioche baps or burger buns
Sweet potato fries
- Cut each chicken fillet in half lengthwise. Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add one teaspoon each of salt and black pepper along with the cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until completely cooked throughout.
- Remove the chicken to a board and shred using two forks.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large heavy pan over a medium-low heat. Cook the onions for 20-25 minutes until lightly caramelised. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer. Season with salt and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the shredded chicken, taco seasoning and chicken stock.
- Spread avocado on one side of each brioche bun. Add a layer of the chicken mixture and some caramelised onions. Serve the baps with sweet potato fries.
653kcals, 35.5g fat (10.5g saturated), 38.2g carbohydrates, 6.5g sugar, 46.5g protein, 9.5g fibre, 0.436g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Add some crispy bacon strips to amp up the flavour!