Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C/130˚C fan/gas mark.
- In a resealable bag, combine 100g of the flour with some salt and pepper. Add the chicken pieces, seal the bag and shake to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes until browned on all sides. Using tongs, transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper towels to drain, then arrange in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add the onion to the same pan over a medium-high heat and sprinkle over the remaining flour. Cook for 10 minutes until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and cook for 2-3 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Turn the heat to high and add the tomatoes and olives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until reduced.
- Add the chicken back into the pot. Cover tightly with a layer of foil and then the lid of the casserole dish. Place in the oven and cook on low for 1½ hours until the chicken is tender.
- Divide the stew amongst shallow bowls and garnish with the parsley and basil. Serve immediately with crusty bread or mashed potato.
Note: Mashed potato can be used as an alternative to Crusty bread, if you wish.
Per Serving: 355kcals, 22.4g fat (4.7 saturated), 17g carbs, 4.5g sugars, 21.8g protein, 3.2g fibre,0.33g sodium.
ChickenDinnerFreezer-friendlyLow sugarDiabetic-friendlySpecial OccasionsFrenchFamily mealsCuisinesDinner partyComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Chicken
Peanut chicken salad