Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl and pour over enough warm water to cover. Leave to soak for 15-20 minutes or until soft, then drain well.
- In a small bowl, mix the tamarind paste with a splash of hot water. Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, cook the garlic and shallots for 30 seconds. Add the chilli flakes and drained noodles to the wok and cook for 2-3 minutes, then push to one side.
- Add the eggs to the pan and allow to set, then scramble and stir through the noodles.
- Add the tamarind mixture and stir to combine well. Add the prawns, bean sprouts, spring onions and half of the peanuts. Toss well and cook for 3-4 minutes longer.
- Divide among four serving bowls. Sprinkle with the fresh coriander and the remaining peanuts and serve with some lime wedges for squeezing over.
Per Serving: 638kcals, 17.8g fat (3.7g saturated), 79.2g carbs, 11.4g sugars, 40.5g protein, 4.3g fibre, 1.39g sodium
DinnerFish & seafoodThaiCholesterol-friendly recipes30-minute mealsLow-fatHigh-proteinFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyMake it Healthy
Popular in Fish & seafood
Prawn, edamame & wild rice salad