Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry to about 5mm thick. Use a round 12cm pastry cutter to cut eight circles from the pastry.
- Place four of the pastry circles onto the prepared baking tray and brush with beaten egg. Use a round 8cm pastry cutter to cut out the centres from the remaining four circles, forming rings.
- Neatly lay the rings on top of the pastry circles. Prick the pastry inside the rings all over using a fork.
- Add the cut-out inner circles to the baking tray. Place the tray in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6. Brush all of the pastry with beaten egg, then bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Heat the oil in a small pan over a medium heat. Add the ‘nduja and allow to dissolve.
- Add the sparkling wine and simmer until reduced by about half. Pour in the double cream and season with salt and black pepper. Simmer gently until thick.
- Add the prawns, lemon zest and juice and dill. Taste and add extra seasoning if desired.
- To serve, spoon the prawns and sauce into the vol-au-vent cases and add the pastry lids on top. Serve each portion with a handful of watercress and a lemon wedge.
Per Serving: 597kcals, 37.3g fat (14.9g saturated), 26g carbs (0.6g sugars), 31.4g protein, 0.9g fibre, 0.477g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge