1 x 225g tin of pineapple chunks in juice
16 large prawns, peeled and deveined, tails removed
150g chorizo, cut into 1cm pieces
1 large red onion, chopped into bite-sized chunks
1 large green pepper, deseeded and chopped into bite-sized chunks
120ml barbecue sauce
2 tbsp honey
4 tbsp ketchup
3 tbsp soy sauce
Juice of ½ a lime
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground coriander
- Drain the tin of pineapple, reserving the juice in a bowl.
- Alternate threading the pineapple chunks, mushrooms, prawns, chorizo, onion and pepper onto eight skewers.
- To the bowl of pineapple juice, add the barbecue sauce, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic powder, ground ginger and ground coriander. Whisk to combine. Set aside about 150ml of the sauce in a jug for serving.
- Preheat a barbecue or griddle pan to a medium-high heat.
- Baste the skewers with some of the remaining sauce, then cook for 8-10 minutes until the prawns are cooked and the chorizo is crispy, turning and basting occasionally.
- Serve the skewers with the reserved sauce and some potato salad.
Per serving: 358kcals, 15.2g fat (5.5g saturated), 39.8g carbs, 29.2g sugars, 18.3g protein, 3g fibre, 1.722g sodium
If using wooden skewers soak them in cold water for 30 minutes before using them.