For the potato salad:
800g new season or baby/salad potatoes, halved or larger ones quartered
4 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
2 tbsp plain yoghurt
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
Small handful of chives, snipped
3 scallions, very finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
For the salmon:
4 salmon darnes
Juice of ½ a lemon
½ an onion, thinly sliced
Handful of fresh dill
3-4 whole black peppercorns
Watercress, lamb’s lettuce or a mixture
- Place the potatoes in a large pan, add a pinch of salt and cover with 2-3cm of cold water. Bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain in a colander and set aside to cool a little.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the mustard, chives and scallions. Season with salt and black pepper.
- When the potatoes are still a little warm, toss them with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Season the salmon fillets with a little salt. Place the water, onion and herbs in a large pan over a medium heat and bring to a
- Place the salmon fillets into the pan, skin-side down. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Serve the potato salad with the salmon, generous handfuls of watercress, spinach or lamb’s lettuce and lemon wedges on the side.
479kcals, 21.1g fat (3.1g saturated), 28.4g carbs (0.5g sugars), 42.8g protein, 5.9g fibre, 0.286g sodium