Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Boil the potatoes in a pan of hot water until tender. Drain well, leaving the potatoes in the pan. Whilst still hot, mash the potatoes, then allow to cool.
- Add the spring onions and some seasoning. Whisk the flour, baking powder and lemon zest into 100ml of the milk, then add this to the mash.
- Check the seasoning and consistency, adding a little extra milk if the mixture is too stiff, but it should still be thick. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- When hot, pour in the batter, using a spatula to spread the mixture out. Cook for about two minutes until the pancake has puffed up and browned beneath, then carefully flip over to cook on the other side.
- To serve, place a pancake on each plate, top with the smashed avocado and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add a handful of watercress (if using) and the smoked salmon.
- If you are adding poached eggs, gently place these on top of the salmon. Squeeze over some extra lemon juice and drizzle olive oil over everything.
Note: Rocket can be used as an alternative to watercress, if you wish.
Per Serving: 570kcals, 28.7g fat (6.5g saturated), 57.8g carbs (5g sugars), 23.4g protein, 10.7g fibre, 01.62g sodium