Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, shallot, balsamic vinegar, thyme, one tablespoon of the olive oil and a liberal pinch each of salt and black pepper and mix well. Place the mushrooms gill-side up in a baking dish, brush generously with the marinade and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the lettuce leaves and tomato slices together with any leftover marinade and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Place the marinated mushrooms in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the eggs to your liking, keeping each one separate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay the Mozzarella slices on top of the mushrooms and bake for another 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is just melted. Remove from the oven.
- To assemble each burger, layer some lettuce leaves, one mushroom (cheese side up), some sliced tomato, one fried egg and more lettuce on the bottom half of each bap/ciabatta and sandwich together with the top half.
Note: Ciabatta can be used as an alternative to crusty baps, if you wish.
Per serving: 641kcals, 32.1g fat (30.1g saturated), 54.6g carbs, 4.8g sugars, 35.6g protein, 4.4g fibre, 1.145g sodium