Makes 1 loaf
500ml natural yoghurt
3-4 tbsp milk
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
350g porridge oats
½ tsp salt
Nuts or seeds of choice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- Grease a standard 900g loaf tin and line it with parchment paper. Place the yoghurt, egg, milk and bicarbonate of soda in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the porridge oats, salt and nuts and seeds (if using).
- Stir until the batter is well blended.
- Scrape the batter into the loaf tin. Cut a line down the centre of your loaf and sprinkle with some extra nuts or seeds, if you like.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted int the centre comes out clean. Leave the bread to cool in the tin for about five minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Serving: 173kcals, 4.5g fat (1.7g saturated), 26.4g carbs (3g sugars), 7.1g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.402g sodium