Makes 12 skewers
600g pork fillet, sliced into thin rectangles
For the peanut sauce:
½ a small bunch of fresh coriander
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded, stalk removed
1 small garlic clove, peeled
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp fish sauce
1 x 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
4 tbsp good-quality crunchy peanut butter
Zest and juice of 1 lime
30ml water (or coconut milk)
Lime wedges, for squeezing
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes before using.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the coriander, chilli, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, peanut butter, lime zest and lime juice. Add the water and whizz into a smooth paste. Spoon about half of the paste into a bowl and set aside for serving.
- Thread the pieces of pork onto 12 skewers. Place the remaining paste from the food processor into a shallow bowl and coat the pork with it, using your hands to rub the paste into the meat. Allow the pork to marinate for 30-60 minutes.
- Turn the grill on to a high heat.
- Place the skewers on a baking tray and cook under the grill for 8-10 minutes per side until golden and completely cooked.
- Serve with cucumber salad and some extra lime wedges for squeezing over.
Per serving: 311kcals, 18.2g fat (5.9g saturated), 5.6g carbs, 1.4g sugars, 31.1g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.322g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
This recipe also works just as well with chicken fillets or lean beef.