Makes approx. 25 biscuits
For the cookies:
230g walnuts, toasted
230g plain flour
¾ tsp salt
230g butter, softened
75g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6. Line two baking trays with non- stick parchment paper.
- Place the toasted walnuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Stir in the flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour and walnut mixture until just combined.
- Take one tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball and place on the prepared baking tray.
- Once all the dough has been rolled, place the trays in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow the polvorones to cool slightly on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust the polvorones with icing sugar before serving.
117kcals, 8.5g fat (3.3g saturated), 9.6g carbs (4.5g sugars), 1.5g protein, 0.6g fibre, 0.076g sodium