2l vegetable or chicken stock
500g instant polenta or cornmeal
80g Parmesan, grated
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Sea salt and black pepper
- Brush two 22 x 30cm baking tins with olive oil to lightly grease.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Gradually add the polenta bit by bit, whisking constantly until all the polenta is incorporated into the stock. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture thickens and the polenta is soft. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan.
- Pour the polenta evenly over the bases of the prepared tins and use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Cover with non-stick baking paper and set aside to cool. Place in the fridge for at least four hours, overnight if possible.
- Carefully turn the polenta out onto a clean work surface. Use a sharp knife to cut off the curved edges. Cut lengthways into 2cm strips. Cut each strip into 8cm-long pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Place the polenta “chips’ on two baking trays. Drizzle with oil and gently toss to coat. Bake for 45-50 minutes, turning once halfway, until crisp and golden brown.
- Transfer polenta chips to a serving platter. Sprinkle with rosemary and season with sea salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 303kcals, 6.9g fat (2.1g saturated), 51.7g carbs, 1.4g sugars, 8.7g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.922g sodium