Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the ham joint in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for two hours (40 minutes per kilo), skimming off any white froth from the top.
- Remove the ham from the water and allow to cool. Use a sharp knife to remove the rind and score the skin, being careful not to cut into the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 6-8 minutes until translucent.
- Add the ginger and plums and cook for 10-12 minutes until soft. Add the sweet chilli sauce, balsamic vinegar and a little brown sugar (if desired). Stir over a medium heat until the glaze thickens.
- Brush the glaze over the ham and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and completely heated through.
- Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and rest for 30 minutes, then carve into slices and serve.
600kcals, 27.8g fat (3.3g saturated), 9.3g carbs (6g sugars), 75.6g protein, 1g fiber, 0.037g sodium
Popular in Easter
Gluten-free chocolate and honeycomb mousse by EUROSPAR