Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/ gas mark 6.
- Unroll the puff pastry and use a sharp knife to score a 2cm border around the edges, taking care not to cut all the way through. Use a fork to prick all over inside the border. Lift the pastry and its paper underneath onto the lined tray.
- Brush the pastry edge with the beaten egg yolk. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and well risen. Allow to cool.
- Combine the plums, sugar, cornflour and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium- low heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the sauce is syrupy and the plums are soft. Allow to cool slightly.
- Spread the custard over the pastry base and top with the plums just before serving.
Per serving: 317kcals, 18.9g fat (4.9g saturated), 33.2g carbs (11.1g sugars), 4.7g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.131g sodium
Popular in Pastry
Carrot cake cream puffs