Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the macarons:
For the buttercream:
- Line two baking trays with non-stick parchment paper. Place the ground almonds, pistachios and icing sugar into a food processor and blend for 15 seconds. Sieve the mixture into a large bowl.
- Separate the egg whites and discard the yolks. Pour the egg whites into a large, grease-free mixing bowl. Whisk until it forms soft peaks.
- Gradually add in the caster sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Whisk until it forms stiff peaks. The meringue should be firm and glossy. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Using a spatula, fold in the pistachio mixture, one-third at a time. When all the dry mix is thoroughly incorporated, continue to cut and fold the mix until it forms a shiny batter with a thick, ribbon-like consistency. Fold in 1-2 drops green food colouring.
- Pour the mix into a piping bag with a 1cm round nozzle. Pipe 32 rounds onto the prepared tray.
- Sprinkle on some finely chopped pistachios onto each. Tap the tray onto the counter to remove any air bubbles. Leave to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ̊C/140 ̊C fan/gas mark 3.
- Bake in the prepared oven for 10-15 minutes. Leave to cool for 10 minutes and then carefully peel the macarons off the baking paper. Leave to cool fully.
- In a large bowl, beat together all of the ingredients for the buttercream until smooth. If the mix is too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of boiling water to loosen the icing.
- Spoon the mix into a piping bag, snip a small hole in the end of the bag. Pipe a swirl of buttercream onto one of the macarons and sandwich together with another. Repeat until all are sandwiched.
Per Serving: 135kcals, 6.1g fat (2.3g saturated), 19.3g carbs (18.2g sugars), 1.9g protein, 0.6g fibre, 0.41g sodium
Biscuits & cookiesSweet thingsMother’s DayValentine’s DaySpecial OccasionsMeringueFrenchCuisinesBaking
Popular in Biscuits & cookies