100g bacon, chopped
50g butter 1 onion, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, peeled and finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
50g dried cranberries
50g pistachios, toasted and chopped
Salt and black pepper
- In a large pan over a medium-high heat, cook the bacon until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside, reserving the bacon fat in
- Add the butter and cook the onion and celery over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Return the bacon to the pan and add the breadcrumbs, sage, cranberries and pistachios. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cool and keep in the fridge for up to three days, or freeze.
- Defrost the stuffing, if necessary. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Place the stuffing in a baking dish and bake for 40 minutes until golden and delicious.
Per Serving: 443kcals, 28.6g fat (11.1g saturated), 31.9g carbs, (4.7g sugars), 16.7g protein, 5.5g fibre, 0.992g sodium